Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Some days are just stranger than others.

I was bitten by a squirrel yesterday, we came home in the pouring rain from the Post Office and found this squirrel lying on the front path. I touched him to see if he was okay and he turned around and latched onto my finger ( I know - don't touch wild animals, hindsight is a wonderful thing) I think he must have fallen off the roof and been winded, quite a drop from the roof of a two story house. He disappeared quite quickly into the trees, I just hope he is okay.

So now I am sewing with my left index finger stuck up straight in the air with an impressive set of teeth marks.

The other very annoying thing that happened a few days ago is that I lost a whole lot of my pictures. I was trying to move them off the computer onto a disc to free up memory space and I lost them. Always remember to copy and move not just move stuff. You certainly learn the hard way sometimes.

I have a new bear on eBay, 'Montague' has a lovely knitted hat. I love knitting the little things but they can really take a lot of time. At least it was finished before the injured finger incident.


This is a very typical winter sky scene. The rooks are all nesting at the moment so it looks amazing. The only time you get to see their nests properly is when the leaves have fallen off the trees.

2 comments:

Lee Weber said...

You need a rabies shot!! Please go to the doctor and have it checked. I was driving once, and saw a squirrel fall right out of a tree, and heard a disgusting WHAP as it hit the ground. When I came back later, it was gone. I guess they really do fall out of trees!!

Megan Chamberlain said...

Thank you for the concern. Luckily I had a tetanus shot a couple of years ago and I don't need to worry about rabies in the UK. (the one good thing about the quarantine laws in this country)
I suppose even squirrels can have climbing accidents, the way they race along in the trees I am not surprised.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails