Tuesday, October 12, 2010

On Saturday we drove to Colchester to see Austin (my brother), it was our last chance to see him before he goes to Afghanistan. Colchester is an amazing town with a lot of history, it is the oldest town in the UK and has a lot to explore. We wanted to spend as much time with Austin as possible so will have to return for a sightseeing trip some other time.
We had an early lunch at the cafe in the park and just wandered around  for awhile. The squirrels where amazing, they were coming up to us to see if we had any food. They were so tame and quite trusting of humans. The only thing I could find to give them was a flapjack bar, they seemed to be happy with it and would carefully take a piece from my hand.
It was a lovely day but of course we were in tears when it finally came to saying goodbye. I know six months goes quickly but I miss him already and worry about him being safe.

I am off to finish stuffing a bear, it is getting colder here and the days are getting much shorter, I think it is time to start getting the winter clothes out. I noticed in the first photo that the leaves are changing colour and falling off the trees, it is almost Halloween and that means that the Halloween bears need to be finished.

4 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Wishing Austin a safe journey and sending hugs for your heart. I know it's hard. :(

Those gardens are so beautiful. I love a formal garden. The squirrel is very cute, but I can't help but rub my squirrel bite finger every time I see one. hee,hee,hee.

xx, shell

Megan Chamberlain said...

Hi Shell, I know how you feel, I was very wary and I think my squirrel bite finger was trying to hide.

Anne Lorys said...

Awww Megan, I'll be sure to keep your brother in my prayers!

Big hugs,
Anne

Lori Ann Corelis said...

Just beautiful!!

Lori Ann

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails