Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Not much has been happening here the past week except a lot of stitching with nothing finished to show you yet.
So I will share a couple of photos from around the house. Roses from the garden, they smell so lovely. 
The old window frame has been placed on top of the shelves in our workroom.
I found it half buried in the ground when we where in France. The house that we were living in was next door to a very overgrown and neglected property which was used to dump everything you could think of. I think there were at least two old cars, piles of wood, a chicken coop and who knows what else.
So anyway I was trying to find Mishka kitty who was playing hide and seek and found the frame sticking out of a pile of junk. Wrestled it home and it has travelled with us since. I finally got my Dad to sand it lightly, didn't want to lose too much of the old colour (sort of a washed out yellow and duck egg blue) and now here it is.
I had planned to put either chalkboard or fabric in the openings to use it as a pin board but at the moment at least it is out looking pretty.

Hope everyone's week is going well. We are off to London tomorrow to visit my niece Victoria.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails