Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Snow

No pictures today. I am so excited and it is so stupid but it snowed here tonight. It actually got pretty bad and we had a snow storm, there where huge big snow flakes and and it was from about 8:00 to 11:30pm. Unfortunately it is now raining and being so dark I couldn't take any photos but I am hoping the snow will still be on the roof's of the buildings tomorrow morning. Do I sound like a typical South African getting so excited about snow?

I am very grateful for the central heating because it is rather icy outside, watched two cyclists trying to get home and they where really battling, luckily Austin took the tube home after his Army meeting tonight so he didn't have to deal with that.

The week so far has been pretty quite, just working on bears. I had to consign my pumpkin to the dustbin as he was getting mouldy, all this wet weather hasn't helped. Poor pumpkin, I miss him. And now I can't get another one from the supermarket. I am hoping they will get more in before Friday because I really want to have a proper Halloween party and you just have to have a carved pumpkin.

The other thing that I have to get used to is the clocks turned back an hour on Sunday so it is light early in the morning and it is getting dark at 5:00 in the afternoon. I keep on having to tell myself that just because it is dark doesn't mean that it is night time and time to think about making dinner and going to bed.

The UK Teddy Bear Guide 2009 came in the post a couple of days ago and it is so strange to see our advert with a UK address, we have been advertising in the book for at least 12 years and it suddenly brings it home to me that we have made some huge changes this year.

Off to bed now and hopefully I will have some nice pictures to share tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails