Saturday, November 20, 2010

I am so bad about updating my blog sometimes. I write the days happenings in my mind when I am in the car, cooking dinner etc and then when I finally sit in front of the computer I think, Oh I am tired or lets just do this first and then the blog entry never happens.
So a weeks worth of news in one short blog.
On Sunday we drove down to London to watch the Remembrance Day parade and to see Yoon Mi.We had a lovely time and the rain held off for the most part. Found some nice things at the charity shops to use for the bears and set off home.

On the big A1 motorway  out of London just past the Hatfield tunnel (bloody scary road, tunnel and never ending traffic) we got a puncture. This section of road has had major roadworks ever since we arrived in this country, so it is not the best place to have to stop.We are sitting in the car with a totally flat tyre waiting to be rescued. Our breakdown service can't come out because the roadworks people have to tow you away from that area first (very complicated) and then only can they come and get us. Then this angel of a man pulls up behind us and changes the tyre and sends us on our way. There are some amazingly kind people in the world and he was one of them. We can never thank him enough and it really was one of the kindest things that anyone has ever done for me.
This is the only photo I took that day. I don't know if this is an entrance to a house or not but it is amazing and we always see it when we drive down to High Barnet.
I love walking around the village, it is a very quiet and tranquil place and very rural. The trees have lost most of their leaves and the sky is always grey but it still looks beautiful.
This is 'Oak Tree Farm', one of the really old houses in the village, it seems to me to be the exact image that most of us think of when we think of England.
One last photo to share. The latest finds from the charity shops in St Ives, we had to go there yesterday and just couldn't resist looking in the shops. 
I hope everyone has a lovely weekend, I  start work again on Monday after having a holiday the past week.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails